Real Estate One 1st
We Sell Michigan Shore to Shore!
4525 Willoughby Rd, Holt, MI 48842
Let us help you with your
Real Estate needs!
If you are ready to sell your home or thinking about selling, the following items are what to do before putting it on the Market. Marketing your home is a TEAM EFFORT! Your agent will help you get the most money for your home, within the shortest period of time without problems. The following recommendations will help create a great first impression. This may seem like it is a lot to do, but if you want your home to sell fast and be appealing to home Buyers, they are necessary.
* In summer, keep lawn well manicured and neatly edged.
* In winter, remove snow and ice from sidewalks and driveway.
* Keep walks and driveway swept.
* Weed planting area, trim trees and shrubs, and remove dead plants.
* Keep outdoor steps in good repair.
* Repair or replace torn screen doors.
* Apply fresh paint as needed, particularly front door and mail box.
* Clean leaves and debris from gutters.
* Be sure faucets and sprinkler systems are in good, working order.
* Put on a fresh coat of paint where needed.
* Remove all unnecessary objects and furniture throughout house.
* Clean ventilating fans in Kitchen and Bath.
* Clean or polish Kitchen floors.
* Keep Kitchen and bathroom counters free of clutter.
* Repair dripping faucets.
* Clean oven and sinks.
* Replace counter tile or grout as needed.
* Be sure caulking in showers and tubs is in good repair.
* Keep clean towels in bathroom.
* Replace loose knobs, warped drawers and sticky windows.
* Clean fireplace and fill with logs.
* Remove unnecessary items from garage and be sure floor and shelves are clean.
* Be sure electrical system and plumbing are in working order.
LISTING YOUR HOME:
* Call our office to set up a time for an Agent to meet with you and go over comparables, pricing, etc. and discuss fees, marketing and paperwork necessary to list your home!
PREPARE FOR SHOWINGS:
* Make your house as appealing as possible.
* Open drapes and curtains, and turn on lights (darkness depresses and makes rooms seem small)
* Turn off television and noisy sound systems (however, low key, soft music can be pleasant.)
* Put dogs or cats in crates or yard.
* Place fresh flowers whenever possible (in Winter, display colors photos of yard in full bloom.)
* Remove dirty dishes.
* Make beds.
* Don't volunteer to answer any unasked questions, let the REALTOR showing the house answer all questions (it is preferred Sellers leave home while house is being showed...this puts Buyers at ease.)
* Your REALTOR will put a Board keybox or Combo box on a door so that it is easier for other Agents to show your home.