If you are ready to sell your home or thinking about selling, the following items are what to do before putting it on the Market. Marketing your home is a TEAM EFFORT! Your agent will help you get the most money for your home, within the shortest period of time without problems. The following recommendations will help create a great first impression. This may seem like it is a lot to do, but if you want your home to sell fast and be appealing to home Buyers, they are necessary.
* In summer, keep lawn well manicured and neatly edged.
* In winter, remove snow and ice from sidewalks and driveway.
* Keep walks and driveway swept.
* Weed planting area, trim trees and shrubs, and remove dead plants.
* Keep outdoor steps in good repair.
* Repair or replace torn screen doors.
* Apply fresh paint as needed, particularly front door and mail box.
* Clean leaves and debris from gutters.
* Be sure faucets and sprinkler systems are in good, working order.
* Put on a fresh coat of paint where needed.
* Remove all unnecessary objects and furniture throughout house.
* Clean ventilating fans in Kitchen and Bath.
* Clean or polish Kitchen floors.
* Keep Kitchen and bathroom counters free of clutter.
* Repair dripping faucets.
* Clean oven and sinks.
* Replace counter tile or grout as needed.
* Be sure caulking in showers and tubs is in good repair.
* Keep clean towels in bathroom.
* Replace loose knobs, warped drawers and sticky windows.
* Clean fireplace and fill with logs.
* Remove unnecessary items from garage and be sure floor and shelves are clean.
* Be sure electrical system and plumbing are in working order.
LISTING YOUR HOME:
* Call our office to set up a time for an Agent to meet with you and go over comparables, pricing, etc. and discuss fees, marketing and paperwork necessary to list your home!
PREPARE FOR SHOWINGS:
* Make your house as appealing as possible.
* Open drapes and curtains, and turn on lights (darkness depresses and makes rooms seem small)
* Turn off television and noisy sound systems (however, low key, soft music can be pleasant.)
* Put dogs or cats in crates or yard.
* Place fresh flowers whenever possible (in Winter, display colors photos of yard in full bloom.)
* Remove dirty dishes.
* Make beds.
* Don't volunteer to answer any unasked questions, let the REALTOR showing the house answer all questions (it is preferred Sellers leave home while house is being showed...this puts Buyers at ease.)
* Your REALTOR will put a Board keybox or Combo box on a door so that it is easier for other Agents to show your home.